How to manage your E-commerce website
A lot of people complain if they have not made any progress after 1 month of work for the online website.
Compared with road store, online business is much more difficult and it takes more effort. Some people may stay in front of computer for over 16 hours each day, and it is possible that we get frustrated if we do not make enough money to cover daily expenses.
The road is hard and long, and even nobody is beside you since you have no colleagues and friends and what you have is just a computer and the ticking of the clock.
However, there maybe just one step left before your success, that is called Perseverance.
All the sweat you pay will on the next second bring you luck and fortune, so don’t get disheartened, cheer up, adhere to the end.
Bill Gates and Zuckerburg’s success has talent and luck inside, however more success comes from hard work, persistence and perseverance
It is common that we face problems when operating our websites, but just make a careful analysis of it and check what the problems are.
Check if the items you choose is suitable for market. In this world, as long as there is a demand there will be supply, while in the 6 billion population of the earth, each person’s needs are not the same, therefore, any product will find a market. But you have to consider the suitability of the product you choose to market, if your market is for lady raging from 25-35 years old, then some slimming shapers, beauty items will be very hot. And also lady is a major buying power online today. But cellphone, computers may not be suitable even though they are hot but they are not popular among ladies and they do not like them too much compared with guys.
The following information is the major Chinese online transaction website where you can wholesale cheap but quality items:
1. http://www.odgate.com/ wholesale Health &Beauty items in small quantity.
Your customer will never know that you wholesale sunglasses at £0.69 and sell them at £11, and they still believe your price is so cheap. Also they will not search out the odgate.com and find they wholesale a slimming pant at $3, and you sell them at $30. Of course, your customers will not professionally spend 69 pounds to wholesale 100 sunglasses, and will not spend $300 to wholesale 100 pieces underwear. Because they will only pay attention to your sunglasses and underwear and see if the quality is good or if they are beautiful when wearing them.
2. http://www.lightinthebox.com/ drop shipping website for Wedding dress.
There is a website looks very professional and they do not need minimum order quantity requirement. Although prices are not so competitive, drop shipping can solve problems of your cash flow. A fashionable wedding dress is $90, and how much will you buy in your local countries?
3. http://www.chinavasion.com/ drop shipping website for Consumer Electronics
Apple, DELL,SONY, IBM,HP,SAMSUNG are famous brand notebooks, and most of them are assembled in China in a factory called FOXCONN. And many of the parts are assembled from the mainland factory. The parts and other consumer electronics are competitive in prices. You can sell them on Ebay and let the chinavasion provide drop shipping for you.
4. http://smallvolume.com/ wholesale Toys in small quantity
70% of toys in the world is from China. The most RC helicopters you buy from Wal－Mart or CARREFOUR are from a city of China called Shantou. And the flashing sky lanterns you see in square are from a city of China called Yiwu, the largest small commodity city in world. You may not necessarily visit the Chinese cities, but the online transaction let you get the toys at wholesale cheap price by buying a small volume.
5. http://www.gets.cn/ wholesale Jewelry in small quantity.
There are many tiny countries around Mexico, and a round-trip ticket from their place to China will be $5000 (other expenses are excluded), so they just visit a trading mall located in Mexico city. And many wholesalers there are Chinese who ship jewelry 300kg each week from Yiwu of China and distribute to other wholesalers or retailers.
The following information is the major B2B websites where you can buy large volume:
1. http://www.alibaba.com/ comprehensive B2B website, the main products are Home furnishing products, gifts promotional items.
2. http://www.made-in-china.com/ comprehensive B2B website, the main products are Machinery products.
To find a trustworthy, good priced vendor and who can work with you in a long term run with timely and professional service is hard but important to your business. Be sure you are putting enough effort in verifying items and supplier as well.
Check if you have an enough traffic to your website. This is a very critical and important element for your online business. Here I would like to sum up a list of free tips on how to get traffic to your website:
1. Press Releases: Insist on writing articles which has close connection to your product, and submit to some of the more authoritative forums and blogs. After a period of time, your website rankings will be promoted. The search engine will also pay more attention to your website
2. Free Blog Promotion Tools: Does your company have a website or are you thinking of adding one? Websites like Blogger and WordPress can help you gain exposure, visitors, readers, and subscribers to your blog.
3. Email Signatures: Be sure to add your URL to all of your outgoing email. Try adding your mission statement, or a catchy phrase to help people understand what you do. Change it a several times a year so people notice it again.
4. Use social networking sites like Twitter, facebook, YouTube, Plaxo, Linkedin and others to get the word out.
5. Improve your search engine ranking by focusing your content on keywords related to your topic. This is called search engine optimization and will help people find your website when they’re searching the Web. Make sure the keywords flow naturally with the text and when you are brainstorming for good words, ask around for words that come naturally to people of all ages when looking for your type of site. To help you understand better, realize that the keywords not only go into headings and page names but also into “meta tags”. “Meta tags” are the software code that website visitors do not see but search engines do. Finally, don’t overdo the keywords; over-stuffing keywords will result in a very low search ranking for your website. Also, be very careful not to place key text inside graphics; search engines cannot pick up graphics.
The online websites emerge like the bamboo shoots after a spring rain, and you are facing more competition. But as long as you are choosing the right items, facing the right market, and getting enough traffic, what’s more, as long as you have enough courage and perseverance, and be able to put the plan into action execution, success is not far away from you.